Friday, March 11, 2016

"Do small things with great love."

More so when my boys were little I use to get asked 

"are they all yours?" 

I think because my middle son is almost as big as my oldest son and then our baby was a big chunky boy and for a while our 3 year old, 2 year old, and baby all looked WAY too close in age!! Now at 5,4 and 2 I don't hear that as often BUT I did see adorable bag on etsy that says 

"YES they're all mine" 

and of course I told my hubby I may need to order it. 

From that same etsy site there was another bag that I loved even more and it struck me in a big way....

“Do small things with great love.”


What beautiful words from Mother Teresa.

Of course, that sounds pretty. 

But really – think about it. 

What if we stop worrying so much about doing something GREAT, and focus more on doing what is right in front of us – no matter how small – with GREAT LOVE.

My days are filled with small things.

Small children. Small toys. Small errands. Small chores. Small small small. 

So, what does it look like to pack my son’s lunch with great love? to do our family’s laundry with great love? to buy groceries with great love? to cook dinner with great love? to vacuum with great love?

Those all end with a question mark because I don’t really know the answer. But I’d like to give it a shot and see what I find out.

God didn’t command us to “DO SOMETHING GREAT.” 

He told us to LOVE!!

Today I took this picture of Lyric 


because I was going to Instagram something about being a boy mom since I went to get him from the backyard to go get Lane from school and he was chewing on a muddy tractor and I had a "go figure laugh" at how things always are around here and I wiped hims wittle face(with great love?)

But then this afternoon...I got to take this picture


which is not so typical...

He always falls asleep on his own for nap time but today for whatever reason he cried and cried and I got to rock him to sleep (with great love?)

I absolutely LOVED every moment. It's the small things. 

To love is NOT to feel certain feelings. 

To love is to SHOW UP. 

And to KEEP SHOWING UP.

Small things ABOUND.

God, let our love abound greater still.

No comments:

Post a Comment