Thursday, July 26, 2012

Reflections- MUCH BETTER!

Well another week went by so fast! It seems like I was just sitting down to write my reflection from last week and here we are again....crazy! I have to say though....I am glad it is this Thursday and not last Thursday. Last Thursday....I have to say was not a good post for me. It was an "OYE VEY" moment where I dreaded the whole thing. We were to talk to others about our "daily walk" with God. And that definatly convicted me because I had been "really busy" and not getting deep in my daily time with Him just skimming the surface to get by. What I realized though now looking back is how everything seemed very difficult while doing this. Like everything I picked up- I'd drop...or  unloading the dishwasher seemed to take about as much energy to build a small country. I just didn't have my "witts about me" lately and that is because my skimming by wasn't cutting it. I was FOCUSING on everything but the ONE who gives me EVERYTHING!!! After my major conviction I decided to go back to giving myself limits and only allowing myself to get on facebook, watch my DVR(which I currently have 6 shows I haven't watched and I am proud that they are sitting there...looking forward to getting to them but normally I'd watch them as soon as I could and now that is not that case), or do otherthings with out scheduleing my daily time with God. That has been incredibly helpful taking time to make the excuse that I can't do those things because I have an appointment with Him or my bible. Which leads me to my next transformation....Sunday at our church we had a guest pastor because ours was on vacation. His sermon was all about FOCUS on Him! Not on us, or what we need, or what we don't have, but simply and yes SIMPLY on JESUS! See it doesn't have to be difficult, or "churched" up to have your focus set on Him it's simple! I know it's a bit intimidating when you are friends with the one that created you and everything around you but it doesn't have to be. He loves us NO MATTER WHAT WE DO (or don't do). If we don't make the time for Him...that's ok He understands, loves us anyways and is paiently waiting until we do. During that sermon he spoke about how if you read the bible for 15 minutes a day you can read the whole thing in one year. (which I have always wanted to do and so has my husband) So we decided not to set a time frame but to set a goal...and that is every night before bed(when we would be watching our shows, looking on his Iphone at facebook ect...that we would read 15 minutes of the bible before we go to sleep.) My husband has been believing God for a new and better job(and I have been standing firm in that with him) for 5 years next month. I am so proud of his faith but as anyone could imagine....it gets a little wearing in our flesh. So even though we've said time and time again "God...we trust you" (and we do)....we've decided to be at REST so He can be at WORK...and in the mean time indulging ourselves in the word and just FOCUSING on Him, and not on us and what we want, need, have or don't have. Just simply and blatently on HIM. After the first night of reading my husband looks over at me and says "this is good stuff" :) And he is right ....it really is! I have read many scriptures, and even books of the bible but never just sat to read it like a book. We are starting with the new testement....we just felt as though it was relevent for the "season" we are in right now in our lives but we are fully commited to read the old testiment as well too. This "daily" routine has already in 4 nights of reading been such a blessing in our lives. I feel so much more energized(even though I have gotten very little sleep the past few nights with a teething baby) and even though my husband has been working very hard this week we are having a better week. Feeling stronger, and calmer, and more paitent and so much better! I am excited to see what God will do (as He is always doing in our lives even when we don't ask...He is meeting the desires of our hearts) in our lives as we redirect our FOCUS on Him. If I spent as much time on God as I did on other things....I think alot of things would be a lot better. Of course watching tv, facebooking, ect...is fine but there is a balance in life my life that needs to be met and that is CHRIST FIRST and then so on and so on. I am glad to say that I am currently back on track! Here is a few verses I found and am so passionate about because I read them and instantly felt like it was a little personal note from Him(maker of heaven and earth) to me!! (how cool is that)
Matthew 5:5
YOU'RE BLESSED WHEN YOU'RE CONTENT WITH JUST WHO  YOU ARE-NO MORE, NO LESS. THAT'S THE MOMENT YOU FIND YOURSELVES PROUD OWNERS OF EVERYTHING THAT CAN'T BE BOUGHT.

AMEN AMEN AMEN TO THAT! Thank You JESUS that in the midst of all my "wants" I am PROUD of what I have and that is nothing that could ever be bought....it is an eternal life with my savior! (and that I am married to an AMAZING man that is also going to spend eternity right there too!!)


Matthew 5:13
LET ME TELL YOU WHY YOU'RE HERE TO BE SALT-SEASONING THAT BRINGS OUT THE GOD-FLAVORS OF THIS EARTH. IF YOU LOSE YOUR SALTINESS, HOW WILL PEOPLE TASTE GODLINESS? YOU'VE LOST YOUR USEFULNESS AND WILL END UP GARBAGE.

Matthew 5:14
HERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO PUT IT: YOU'RE HERE TO BE LIGHT, BRING OUT THE GOD COLORS IN THE WORLD. GOD IS NOT A SECRET TO BE KEPT. WE'RE GOING PUBLIC WITH THIS, AS PUBLIC AS A CITY ON A HILL. IF I MAKE YOU LIGHT-BEARS, YOU DON'T THINK I'M GOING TO HIDE YOU UNDER A BUCKET, DO YOU? I'M PUTTING YOU ON A LIGHT STAND. NOW THAT I'VE PUT YOU THERE ON A HILLTOP, ON A LIGHT STAND- SHINE!!! KEEP OPEN HOUSE; BE GENEROUS WITH YOUR LIVES. BY OPENING UP TO OTHERS, YOU'LL PROMPT PEOPLE TO OPEN UP WITH GOD, THIS GENEROUS FATHER IN HEAVEN

Now that my friends is worth reading! I AM HERE TO BE A LIGHT(that is actually the meaning of our son Luke's name "the bringer of Light" and it is oh so fitting)
My daily walk has increased in one week and it will continue! I will keep you all posted on my daily reading and FOCUSING! I'd love to encourage you to take your eyes off of you(or anything else that may be consuming you more than Christ) and put your FOCUS on Him. He has the master plan...so I'm going to take my eyes off of "calendar" for a while and keep them focused where they should be....things will be a lot "lighter" in my busy life I just know it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment