Thursday, June 19, 2014

Completely humbled....

I TRULEY feel like I could not be more thankful for my boys...ok no REALLY I can't be more thankful...I am as thankful as they come. However there is things in life that happen that make me humble when it comes to being a mom. I think humbling ourselves is something that needs done more often. James 4:10 says "Humble yourselves before The Lord and He will lift you up" 
And here is the definition of humble...
humblehuhm-buhl, uhm- ]
adjective [hum·bler, hum·blest.]
1. not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.
2. having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.: In the presence of so many world-famous writers I felt very humble.
3. low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.; lowly: of humble origin; a humble home.

     Now the definition kind of gets to me...it's basically telling me to think lower of myself....and I KNOW that is not what God wants for me....he wants me to think highly of myself. He wants me to know that I am righteous, and highly favored... IN HIM!!!!!!!!! Not in and of myself!
I look at humbling as a form of gratitude towards Christ. Thanking Him for all I have and all He has done for me and most importantly standing up and saying "without you Lord...I would be nothing"
think you can individually humble yourself in your own way for your own reasons. But having a humbled heart is something I long for and something I want to be so conscious of in this life. I want to humble myself when terrible things happen such as the tornados in Nebraska recently or when someone you know is going through something traggic. I remember when we were going through everything with Luke I tried to keep myself humble by reminding myself that it could be worse while still allowing myself the pity party I so rightly deserved in that moment. It was a MAJOR, SCARY, and AWFUL thing we had to go through...but what about having a humble heart when all three of my kids don't nap at the same time??? Maybe I need to humble myself by saying...at least I have kids right!?! Well today I am so humbled that I have children and that the good Lord has not just blessed me with one but three healthy and beautiful little boys. I am humbled before Him that He would intrust me to raise them and train them in the godly way He created them to be. I am in awe that He thinks I am good enough and that I messure up enough to care for these three people that in my eyes deserve every single desire they could ever possibly imagine. 
      I know I'll have moments like I have had in the past where I feel frustrated over what I DON'T have or what ISN'T going right but from today on I am going to try to daily COMPLETLEY humble myself before The Lord because I know then HE will lift me up and I will praise him for what I DO have and for what IS!!!! I love looking at my living room wall and counting our 1,2,3 biggest blessings...Today I am so humbled by being a mommy and for these three special boys 

1 comment:

  1. So good! This is one of the most difficult things to understand (and do!). I think God doesn't want us to think less of of ourselves, but He definitely wants us to think about ourselves less! I, too, have to remind myself daily!

    ReplyDelete