Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reflections....

It is great to be back with the awesome group of women "reflecting" on the same topic. This week we were to reflect on a verse or verses from the bible that speak so deeply into our lives. When I read that we were doing this topic all I could think was....WOW my post is going to be RIDCULOUSLY long....however after some pondering and praying and talking to my husband and realizing what that/those verse/verses are...I realized I actually could narrow it down. The past few months have been so great as I have been adding scripture into my life ecspecially healing scriptures for Luke. But THEE scripture that I feel is so daily and deeply in me is....get ready....it's pretty typical...but true to me..... THE LORD IS MY SHEPARD from the 23rd Psalm. Ok yes...I know....even the non christians of this world know this scripture and it's not "so original" but narrowed down....it is my deepest scripture. It goes way back to my infancy of being a christian  to having to memorize it during confirmation classes and now to my current christian walk. It resinates in me and my husband so much and into our family. No matter what we may be going through we know that He is our shepard. What we are believing for He is leading and guiding us (a.k.a.His sheep) down His amazing path. No matter what we are afraid of He is protecting us, no matter what we are thankful for He has given us His grace and blessings as our Abba Father. We can put that scripture into everything in our lives. HE is our SHEPARD. It is just the way we feel for Lane and Luke....we keep a constant watch on our herd. We would never let anything happen to the 2 of them. We have a constant eye on them when they are awake and when they are asleep we are monitoring their every noise. Even more than that the Lord is watching our EVERY move and moment and is guiding, protecting, and blessing  us in every aspect. The 23rd Psalm continues to say " I shall not want" and that is something I have finally began to be content with. Do I sometimes see an amazing commercial with something on it and thing "I want that" yes of course I do.... Or do I look at a stain on a shirt or on my carpet and think "man it'd be nice to get new" yes of course I do. But that is not exactly what that means to me.... It's finding contentment in what HE wants for me in my life. And Trusting that He will bless me and carry me through and protect me all the way and wanting only what He wants for me.

~Psalms 23:1-6~
The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not  want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Amen.
 

1 comment:

  1. They are common because they are GOOD. Try reading it like this with emphasis on the capitalized word... THE Lord is my shepherd, The LORD is my shepherd, The Lord IS my shepherd, The Lord is MY shepherd, The Lord is my SHEPHERD....WOW powerful right?!! He is abuntantly and excedingly for us more than we can even fathom. His love is over flowing and He is taking care of our every moment! That is a verse to have deep within you and it is the biggest one in me.

    ReplyDelete