Friday, August 28, 2015

How to handle behavior changes!?

Whenever I start feeling like I can't stop pacing (in my mind and on my feet) about one of my children, I know it’s time to get on my knees.

One of the most powerful things we can do for our children is pray for them.  I can take whatever concerns I have for my son’s future, get next to his room at night, give those concerns to Jesus in prayer, and walk away with the peace that God heard my heart.

There have been SO many times where I was troubled about something I was seeing in one of their behaviors, or some sort of phase they were going through (even picky eating from my 18 month old teething toddler) and after I started praying about it, the Lord did not fail to answer in some way.

This is my hope as we enter the new school year!

I defiantly am no perfect Mama but with a little research and help from a perfect God I was able to find 5 prayers that I am going to be praying over my school boys this year and I just thought I would share them incase they would help you too!! 


Hard Work

Lord, I pray that my child will remember that he can do all things through Christ who gives him strength (Philippians 4:13)!  As his hands write out math problems and complete assignments, may he do so with a happy heart, knowing that he is working for your glory (Colossians 3:23).  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Kindness

Lord, I pray that my child will be kind and compassionate toward his classmates and teachers (Ephesians 4:32).  May his speech always be gracious (Colossians 4:6).  May he never repay evil for evil but always seek to do good to others and to everyone (1 Thessalonians 5:15).  May he seek out the lonely child on the playground and defend the child who is hurting.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Friendship

Lord, I pray for my child to have friends who will sharpen one another like iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17).  May he have wisdom and discernment to choose friends who will be good company and spur him on toward love and good deeds (1 Corinthians 15:33, Hebrews 10:24-25).  May he be a leader among his friends by always being the first one to share, offer a kind word, and do what’s right.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Self-Control

Lord, I pray that my child will not stir up shenanigans during times of instruction!

  May he offer his body to you as a living sacrifice and may he be transformed by the renewal of his mind so that he may discern your will (Romans 12:1-2).  May he discipline his body like an athlete, training it to do as it should (1 Corinthians 9:27).  May he keep his tongue from evil (Psalm 34:13).  May my child show his love for you, Jesus, by obeying your commands (John 14:15).  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

The Heart of a Servant

Lord, I pray that you will give my child eyes to see opportunities to be a blessing.  May my boy have a heart of humility and serve others in love (Galatians 5:13).  May my son use his gifts well by helping others (1 Peter 4:10).  May he let others use the monkey bars first and may he choose the back of the line in the morning  because the greatest among us shall be servants (Matthew 23:11).  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

After only 9 days of school I am already noticing a change in my child's attitude!! Tonight I am choosing to lay that burden down...

At His feet.

The Lord knows what he needs and He is in control!


No comments:

Post a Comment